Camping is a great way to get away from busy city life. Many people in the United States frequently camp for this reason, but it requires some planning. And if you have not gone camping in a while, you may need a few tips to get started, but nothing beats having a 5-gallon plastic pail handy. That said, here are a few ways that a plastic pail can come in handy on the next camping trip:
- This container can be used for storing water or food and other items, such as soap or shampoo, which may not fit easily inside other containers (such as bottles). They also come with handles, so they’re easy to grab and hold onto while carrying them around wherever campers go next!
- People can use a plastic pail to carry water to wash their hands. Meanwhile, keep the pail clean and dry, and don’t use it for drinking water or food storage.
- Use it to store food for campers, or it would attract wild animals. They can also use a plastic pail to store snacks and other consumables too. Pails filled with bait are especially important if they are camping in an area that may be populated with wild animals, such as bears or raccoons. If they want to keep their food safe from these adorable (but dangerous) creatures, put it in a 5-gallon plastic pail.
- Campers should use a plastic pail to store their food if they don’t have access to other containers. As such, there’s no need for them to run around trying to find another container, just grab one out of the kitchen cupboard!
- They can use it as a makeshift table for their campsite when visiting hiking trails in Illinois, like the Grant City Nature Trail or the Sand Ridge State Forest. This is a great way to use the bucket, especially if they are camping in an area low on flat surfaces and high on trees. If it’s not raining or otherwise wet out, placing a tarp on top of the plastic bucket will give them plenty of room to place things like lanterns and meals. The most obvious way to use the bucket as a makeshift table is by putting a tent on top—but if they have enough space in their camping tent, why not put another tent inside? This will help keep everything organized inside the tent while ensuring that all items placed outside remain dry from rain or sprinkles from above.
- Put some ice in the pail for a cooler. The pail is a versatile container that people can use for many different things. For example, if they are camping in any of Illinois’ trails or parks and want to keep the food chilled, fill it with ice and put it in. Or if they are having a picnic and don’t have enough table space for all the food, place some plates on top of the plastic pail.
- If they have meat products—like hot dogs or hamburgers—that might attract wild animals such as bears or raccoons, simply store them inside a plastic pail until after sunrise when these creatures are less likely to attack humans due to their heightened sense of smell during twilight hours.